I’ve seen this going around (the latest from Crisitunity), so I figured, eh, what the heck.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Took a 3,026 mile road trip to Wyoming (by way of Utah and Idaho, guest starring Colorado).
Got paid to take pictures.
I started blogging under my real name.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any resolutions last year! I’m not making any resolutions this year! It’s very liberating.
3. How did you spend New Year’s Eve?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
My own. Hopefully by this time next year I’ll be able to say, “Canada!”
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
50% less unsecured debt.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 14th. Bill and I had a fight that was monumentally awful at the time, but the after-effects caused us to re-evaluate how we treat one another and I believe we came out the other side stronger than we were before.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going professional with my writing and photography. I’m particularly proud of the latter.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not having the handle on our debt that I wanted to have by the end of the year. I’m hoping this year will be better!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The leather jacket Bill picked out for me in Cody, Wyoming. Also, Moto GP tickets.
12. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage, followed closely by the credit cards.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
It’s a toss-up between these two (really, the whole Voices album):
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d stayed in touch with my friends better. Written letters, made phone calls, and let them know I was thinking of them.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being depressed and anxious and sleeping a lot because of it and being lazy and sitting on my fat ass getting fatter.
16. What was your favourite TV program?
Big Bang Theory, Bones, Supernatural, Castle, Fringe, Criminal Minds, Californication (more or less in order)
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don’t hate anybody!
18. What was the best book you read?
The Charlaine Harris “Sookie” series (True Blood), and Patricia Briggs’ “Mercy” series.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Intervision. (Website has sound.)
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
21. What did you do on your birthday?
22. What kept you sane?
I don’t think anything did. I think I’m just now starting to realize just how BAD 2009 was, mentally speaking.
23. Who did you miss?
Grandma, Heather (though I got to see her!), and the grandbabies.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t think that I really made any new friends (IRL) in ’09. Lots of fun folks at Sandstone, I guess, but the “old” people I know are still the nearest and dearest to my heart!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
To let go of the things I can’t control and just believe that everything will work out in the end.
Positive: I did get to Trader Joe’s yesterday, and I’m having a truly yummy breakfast of TJ’s nonfat vanilla yogurt with TJ’s lowfat mixed berry granola. I love breakfast.
Productive: Dig up my bike lock and pump up the tires on my bike – I want to start riding my bike to work some day soon.
Plan: Put together a writing schedule for the next week.