I am the owner of Beyond Megapixels, a great little photography website. I post a lot of tutorials, reviews, and inspirational articles over there. If you’re new to photography, I suggest that you start here.
I am also a freelance photographer in the Phoenix metropolitan area. Check out Snerkology Media for more information.
Occasionally I like to feature a photograph and explain the technical details. You can check out Photos by Tiffany Joyce if you’re so inclined.
All of the photos featured on this site from September 2010 forward were taken with a Canon 7D Digital SLR. From March of 2007 until September of 2010 they were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi. Prior to that I had a couple of point-and-shoot numbers that did the job.
My current inventory of equipment consists of the following:
- Canon 7D Digital SLR (primary camera body)
- Canon Digital Rebel XTi with grip (backup body)
- Canon 17-55 f/2.8 IS standard zoom lens with hood (this is on my camera most of the time)
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 prime lens with hood
- Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 standard zoom lens (kit lens from the XTi)
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L II telephoto lens
- Canon 100mm f/2.8L macro lens
- Canon 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS standard zoom lens with hood (kit lens from the 7D)
- Canon 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 standard zoom lens (originally from my film Canon)
- Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 telephoto lens (originally from my film Canon)
- Lensbaby Composer with wide angle and telephoto adapters, creative apertures
- 2x teleconverter
- Canon 580EX II Speedlite
- UV filters
- Manfrotto monopod (680B) with ball head (494RC2)
- Opteka battery grip
- Tripod with ball head
- Wireless remote shutter release
- Lowepro lens cases, Fastpack 350, and Topload Zoom 1
- Flashpoint 22″ and 32″ five-in-one reflectors
I have rented lenses from Pro Photo Rental and I highly recommend them. They treated me fantastically, are priced reasonably, and are a great solution to capture those photo opportunities when you don’t own the right gear and can’t budget a new lens purchase.
All photos are edited/enhanced using Adobe Photoshop. I store my photos on Flickr. You are welcome to download them for personal use, I would just request that you let me know, and also credit me for any use to which you apply the photos.
- Beyond Megapixels
- Phillip Greenspun
- Scott Kelby
- The Canon Digital Learning Center
- Popular Photography
- Layers Magazine tutorials