"Storyteller" is a collaborative effort for people who enjoy writing. No "membership" is required. Each month a new collaborative idea will be offered, and you, the contributor, can write a fictional short story based on the topic suggested. The topic may be in the form of the beginning of a short story, and you provide the ending. It may be in the form of a description of a person, and you provide the story behind the description. It may be in the form of a place, and you offer the history of that place, or a story that takes place in it. It may be any number of things, different in format and intent each month.
Also offered, on an ongoing basis, is the opportunity to write about any of the past suggested topics, or submit a short story of your own authorship, about any topic at all. The whole intent is to get the creative juices flowing and offer a place to share your creativity, in whatever form it takes.
The unique part about "Storyteller" is that participation is encouraged whether you have a website of your own or not.
Either way, I will make sure you get the appropriate recognition for your creativity.
- If you don't have a website (or it isn't an appropriate forum, or you're on hiatus), you can send me your submission via e-mail and I will format it and post it to my website with the appropriate credit. Please provide me an e-mail address to post to my website, and the name you would like me to use.
- If you do have a website, you can post your submission on your website, e-mail me the URL at which location your collaboration is posted, and post a link on your site back to "Storyteller". Please provide me with the name you would like me to use, and the name of your website.
The rules are simple:
As the moderator of this collaboration, I will exercise discretion in posting and/or linking to submitted stories. If the writing is offensive, obscene, or in some other way does not follow the intent of this project, I will let you know, and I will not post or link to the story. The intent of this collaborative effort is to have fun, to encourage growth and communication between on-line communities, and to allow for the development of personal creativity. As such, feedback to the authors is highly encouraged!
- It must be a fictional piece of writing;
- It must be an original piece of writing (copyright laws apply);
- It must be appropriate to the topic and to the intent of the collaboration;
- Any original piece of writing from this site must be acknowledged in the collaboration (i.e. if the collab is to finish the beginning of a short story written by me, and you're posting your submission on your website, please credit which part was written by me).
Enjoy, and have fun!
Suggest A Topic!